Golden Globes 2020

Ricky Gervais’ monologue beat down was very reminiscent of Alex’s verbal beat down on Piers.
Sure, Ricky didn’t have Alex’s fire, but boy did they get burned just as badly.

3 Likes

Was phenomenal is what it was. Absolutely loved seeing him up there laying into the Hollyweird douchebags. Pretty much said everything I’d want to say to them, but in a nicer/funnier way.

I’ll watch clips of him and ignore the rest of it haha. Hate these stupid awards shows with Hollyweird giving each other awards for 3 hours or some crap.

1 Like

Find me online, on different websites, etc. Simply Google my name: Oatmeal Joey Arnold @joeyarnoldvn

1 Like

Can’t we just find you here?

1 Like

Googling “Oatmeal Joey Arnold” is actually how I found this site after Infocomms went down haha.

2 Likes

Yeah, to each his own, and if this is where the party is at, then bring more beer.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Ricky Gervais didn’t kill himself.

1 Like

One of the biggest mistakes I made in Vietnam was when I discontinued English classes. I was teaching all over Saigon. But then I made the choice to only teach in District 1. So, I begin telling my students to find me at the heart of the city. I started ending my different English groups. Now, some classes may not last forever, possibly a few years at the most. I could have at least continued teaching them until they were done. I understand the decisions that I made. I can talk all day about why I did what I did. But I sometimes wonder if the collateral damage was too excessive. Of course, I meant well. I had good intentions. But some of the classes that I terminated had children in them. I gave some of those classes some notice. But I wonder if I should have given them more notice, more time, to find new teachers. Again, I was trying to save myself time as I was always riding my bike around each day. So, I ended up teaching in just the first district for my last like three years in Vietnam, 2015-2017. I understand what I did. But I may have ruined my relationship with my students during a transitional period in 2014. Now, apart from that year, I didn’t do that. But I think about that sometimes. It’s possible that I was not patient enough. Perhaps, I should have waited for those classes to end on their own as opposed to abandoning them. Of course, I have the right to do what I did. But I wonder if I was not too sudden with the changes. That’s one of the hardest things in life. See, life is short. So, you can get in a hurry while ignoring the people around you. Decisions that you make can affect people around you. Try your best to fulfill your promises, your contracts, with people. I confess that I didn’t commit to a certain amount of time for those classes. They were open-ended. So, it is critical to make those agreements up front.

0 Likes